Reviewed: August 2019
About this Policy
If you are using the Service on behalf of someone else (such as your employer or contractor), you represent and warrant that you have authority to bind that person or entity to this policy and by accepting this policy, you are doing so on behalf of that person or entity (and all references to “you” or “your” “or “PunchGroup customer(s)” in this policy refers to that person or entity). For the avoidance of doubt, if you are an employer and provide your employees, contractors or other related parties with access to the Service (on your behalf), then you represent and warrant that you have authority to bind such persons to this policy and will use best endeavours to ensure such persons (i.e. your employees, contractors and related parties) are aware of the same.
Type of Information Collected
Information may be collected both directly by PunchGroup, and indirectly from PunchGroup customers utilising PunchGroup provided software and systems. PunchGroup does hold or store personally identifiable information other than contact information of PunchGroup Clients which is already publicly available information on the relevant PunchGroup Client’s website (“Publicly Accessible Personal Information”).
For the purposes of this policy “PunchGroup customers” generally come in two separate categories as follows:
(a) “PunchGroup Clients” – PunchGroup Clients are companies or individuals that pay or will intend to pay PunchGroup for use of the PunchGroup Service and related products and services. This may include current and potential customers. PunchGroup Clients may include (but are not limited to): National/International Real Estate Brands, Real Estate Offices and Individual Real Estate Agents
(b) “Other 3rd Party Vendors” – In some cases, PunchGroup will be required to work cooperatively with other vendors or 3rd party suppliers in the process of servicing a PunchGroup Client. PunchGroup will never share data with Other 3rd Party Vendors without express written consent provided by the relevant PunchGroup Client. Examples of Other 3rd Party Vendors include: CRM Systems and Specialised data integrators.
The information captured by PunchGroup and via the PunchGroup Service and related software and applications differs by the type of PunchGroup customer. For example:
The information collected by PunchGroup in connection with PunchGroup Clients includes:
● Company and related contact details which can be accessed from the relevant PunchGroup Client’s public website (i.e. Publicly Accessible Personal Information);
● User ID’s and passwords;
● Records of the services provided to PunchGroup Clients;
● Records of PunchGroup Client communications with PunchGroup.
The information sent and received to/from Other 3rd Party Vendors differs in each scenario. No integration with Other 3rd Party Vendors is entered into without the express written consent of the authorised contact within the PunchGroup Client. Upon agreement from the relevant PunchGroup Client, PunchGroup may share general information relating to the PunchGroup Client, including Publicly Accessible Personal Information and listing details.
How is information collected
Information is collected via various means depending on the type of PunchGroup customer. In relation to PunchGroup Clients information is generally collected via one of the following means:
● Sales prospecting via internet research
● Referrals from other customers or contacts
● Submitted enquiries and/or phone calls directly to PunchGroup
● Web forms on https://www.punchgroup.co/, https://www.videopunch.co/ and/or https://www.socialpunch.co
● Referrals supplied by brands/national distributors
In relation to Other 3rd Party Vendors where agreed information may be shared between Other 3rd Party Vendors and PunchGroup with the permission of the relevant PunchGroup Client. This information can be shared in a variety of methods. Such as:
• Captured ‘@PunchGroup.co’ emails mapped into PunchGroup
• Spreadsheets or other digital lists
• XML, CSV or TXT via secure FTP
• Via PunchGroup provided web service or API
• Via API or Web Service provided by Other 3rd Party Vendors
PunchGroup holds PunchGroup customer information (including Publicly Accessible Personal Information ) on Amazon Web Services (AWS). Such information is stored on Amazon Web Services (AWS) virtual environments which are hosted in Sydney Australia. PunchGroup is committed to protecting the security of PunchGroup customers and takes all reasonable precautions to protect it from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
PunchGroup will only hold and store information obtained from PunchGroup customers (including Publicly Accessible Personal Information) as long as reasonably required to provide the Service to the relevant PunchGroup customer, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (for example, for regulatory purposes).
Information PunchGroup may also collect and aggregate non-personally identifiable information which is information which does not permit PunchGroup customers to be identified or identifiable either by itself or in combination with other information available to a third party. This information may include information such as a website that referred the relevant PunchGroup customer to PunchGroup, the relevant PunchGroup customer’s IP address, browser type and language, hardware types, geographic location, and access times and durations. PunchGroup also may collect navigational information, including information about the Service content or pages PunchGroup customers view, the links clicked, and other actions taken in connection with the Service. PunchGroup use this information to analyse usage patterns as part of making improvements to the Service.
How is information disclosed
PunchGroup will not disclose information obtained from PunchGroup customers (including Publicly Accessible Personal Information) to individuals and organisations other than:
● PunchGroup employees in the course of fulfilling job requirements.
● To Other 3rd Party Vendors only when given express written consent of an authorised contact nominated by the relevant PunchGroup Client.
● In cases where PunchGroup has a contract with parent brands (i.e Ray White, Harcourts etc), data may be distributed to head office as set down in the individual service agreement between the franchisee and head office.
● As part of providing the Service for the relevant PunchGroup Client. In this PunchGroup may share certain information (including Publicly Accessible Personal Information) on its website or other public places in order to provide the Service.
● If PunchGroup obtains any personal information (which is not Publicly Accessible Personal Information), it will obtain the express consent of the person whose information is affected before sharing with third parties.
What if you don’t provide information requested?
If you choose not to provide certain information when requested, PunchGroup services may not be able to provide you with the full range of services.
It is the responsibility of the PunchGroup Client to manage further communication with the PunchGroup Client’s customers. If those customers do not wish to receive communications from the PunchGroup Client (Office or Agent) they must notify the Office or Agent or agent directly.
PunchGroup & Listing Data
PunchGroup Customers acknowledge and agree that:
1. PunchGroup may export data relating to a property listing of a PunchGroup customer (“Listing Data”) and content videos which includes various information about a property listing of a PunchGroup customer (including Listing Data) to nominated 3rd Party Portals (i.e Harcourts.co.nz, trademe.co.nz, Real Estate.co.nz).
2. PunchGroup will only export Listing data to 3rd Party Portals where requested by the relevant PunchGroup customer and achievable with no custom development.
3. In situations where the PunchGroup customer must pay to list, PunchGroup will never distribute the relevant PunchGroup customer’s data to 3rd Party sites without express consent from the relevant PunchGroup customer.
4. When opportunities to list for free on 3rd Party sites exist PunchGroup may negotiate with 3rd Party Sites to populate listings in bulk. When this occurs PunchGroup will ensure this is clearly communicated to the relevant PunchGroup customers and provide them with adequate time to opt out.
5. PunchGroup will take all reasonable steps to ensure PunchGroup systems are secure and cannot be accessed by non-authorized parties.
PunchGroup Clients must adhere to the following;
Every PunchGroup customer warrants and represents that any Listing Data loaded or provided to PunchGroup is accurate and that it has the right to send it to PunchGroup or 3rd Party Portals.
PunchGroup & Email Communication
It is the policy of PunchGroup to communicate with PunchGroup customers via email. This may include monthly ‘Company Update’ emails, quarterly release notes and other adhoc communications as required. These emails will only be sent to PunchGroup customers and is a key part of PunchGroup’s delivery of service. PunchGroup use email communication as a key method of delivering important product and release information about PunchGroup products and services and we do not recommend they are opted out of. However, if you no longer wish to receive such materials or emails from PunchGroup, or if you are not a PunchGroup customer and believe you have been added to this list in error you may opt-out of receiving such communication by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line ‘Unsubscribe PunchGroup’.
PunchGroup Sales Activity
As part of PunchGroup’s sales activity, we may send email marketing communication to non-customers regarding our products and services. PunchGroup will endeavour to ensure that we communicate only relevant information and provide recipients with the option to opt out if they do not wish to receive further communication.
PunchGroup Customer communications using PunchGroup tools
As requested and arranged with PunchGroup Customers, PunchGroup may send marketing communications on their behalf to a nominated or supplied customer database. This communication will only be sent at the express request of the relevant PunchGroup Customer. In the case of automated email communication, this will only be activated with the express written consent of the PunchGroup Client. We recommend that all communication sent by Offices and Agents is ethical and meets the requirements of their individual.
What if I have a problem?
If you have a problem, complaint, want to change your personal information or just wish to enquire about privacy please contact us.
Location: 300 Richmond Road, Grey Lynn, Auckland, New Zealand
Phone:NZ +64 9 869 7325 – AUS +61 29 136 7218
Contact: PunchGroup Support
How this policy changes
This policy may change over time. All changes will be published on this website.